Subject: [Leica] lens repair/cleaning
From: jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier)
Date: Sun Jul 18 20:42:01 2004

Could it be a dust speck? Such is life in this world where evil,
lewdness, and dust run amuck. Your lens functions as an air pump as you
focus from infinity to close focus and back. Over time dust works its
way in. Fortunately small amounts of dust have absolutely no effect. If
the negs look good then there isn't a problem. My advice is to never
look into any of your lenses just look at the negs. They are all that
matters.

John Collier

Replies: Reply from elaine at chaos.wustl.edu (Elaine -HFB- Ashton) ([Leica] lens repair/cleaning)