Subject: [Leica] transporting film
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun Jul 18 12:58:04 2004

At 07:53 PM 7/18/2004 +0100, you wrote:

>Surprisingly however Europe is rather well stocked with film so there's no
>need to bring any (remember that Ilford and Agfa among others are actually
>European companies and Kodak is available everywhere) and you can probably
>get most of what you want here or on the leg before you dissappear into
>Ingushetia or wherever. You can also get film processed here by pros if
>you want to have the film developed before you travel; generally you can
>get B&W done in 24 hours, C41 films (inc B&W) in an hour to three hours.
>
>Come on guys...., really :-)
>
>Peter

True, Peter, but unfortunately I almost never go through Europe on the way
to Central America ;-)

If you saw how they store film in Central America - no refrigeration,
usually in a store window in direct sunlight, out-dated and dusty, you
would know why I don't buy film at my destination or have it developed
there.  I recently advised somebody going to Europe to just buy the film
there and have it developed there.  I wouldn't hesitate to do that.  But if
you are headed on from Europe to a developing country, you may not have
time during your airport layovers to buy film, much less have it processed.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

http://www.pdiphotos.com