Subject: [Leica] cassettes reloading and etc
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Jul 16 21:37:00 2004

>Insert whole cassette into loader, trim a point onto the film and insert it
>into the spool of the open cassette, close bulk loader lid, wind film onto
>cassette, turn outer knob of loader to close gate on caseette, open loader
>and
>take cassette out.

As I pointed out earlier, the Watson ONLY works with the cassettes that
have the flat spring/pin lock arrangement. The ones with the bent end on
the locking spring are not held far enough away from the inside drum to
unlock it and if you try to leave the spring in an unlocked position
between fully open and fully shut, the drum will fully open and lock in
that position. Then you must open the bulk loader cover in total
darkness and manually close the cassette drum.

My loader is some years old and Watson may have modified their design to
correct the problem. I do know that mine works as I've described and
will not function correctly with the bent spring cassettes..