Subject: [Leica] Canadian vs. German Leica Lenses
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Jul 16 15:30:10 2004

At 05:48 AM 7/16/04 -0400, Paula Berg wrote:
>I am about to purchase my first used Leica lens, a 50mm Summicron M. I am
wondering whether there a difference in the quality of lenses made in
Canada vs. those made in Germany?

>Thanks.
>
>Paula

Paula

Canadian lenses are just so much junk -- just ask Ted Grant who adamantly
refuses to use such North American trash and who almost went to prison a
couple of decades back when he threatened to blow the Midlands plant to
smithereens.

Buy only real -- that is, German -- Leica glass.  Don't waste time trying
to get a decent picture from Canadian lenses.  The story that is going
around is that the air around Midland is so polluted that it rapidly causes
heavy pitting on the glass even before the lenses were shipped.

<he grins broadly>

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!