Subject: [Leica] The Barnack Award, or bubble gum photography!
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Jul 14 17:00:05 2004

At 02:57 PM 7/14/2004 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi Bruce,
>I've had one grant in 55 years as a published photojournalist and it was for
>the enormous amount of $1500. Canadian dollars. The project concept was as
>equally stupid as the amount of the grant.

Ted -

I also applied for and got a grant for $1500 to go to Russia and photograph
kindergarten children.  I had to fill out reams and reams of forms.  The
grant would not cover travel expenses at all, but would cover film and
processing if I would give slide shows and talks to educational groups.  I
agreed and got my grant, but it was far more work than it was worth.  I
would have made far more money by the hour working at McDonalds than
filling out forms and giving talks.  That's the last time I tried for a
grant.  Never again!!

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com