Subject: [Leica] Analog v. Digital
From: george at imagist.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Wed Jul 14 12:58:32 2004

BD said
>After all, wouldn't all the folks who used Kodak film have been >inclined
>to use Kodak digital capture media? And wouldn't those who >grew up using
>Kodak chemical and papers have been inclined to use Kodak papers?

I think these companys, built on former technologies, are having as
difficult a time as the pro labs, studios and myself in figuring out how to
retool. I can't imagine what it would be like to have huge emulsion coating,
film and paper handling machine shops, chemical manufacturing and packaging
plants, kodachrome and other processing machine manufacturing and
maintenence contracts, and on and on with facilities all over the world -
and watching it all go away - requiring completely new tooling and competing
with new companies who are tooling up for the first time to make - sd cards,
cf cards, whatever - knowing that they're also going belly up with a bad
call - how's iomega doing - i don't hear much about them - how about
micronet - greatest brand of packaged harddrives for - what - a decade -
who's the hot video editing platform today? - I doubt its who was hot a
decade ago.

Fond regards,

G e o r g e   L o t t e r m o s e r,    imagist?

<?>Peace<?>   <?>Harmony<?>  <?>Stewardship<?>

Presenting effective messages in beautiful ways
                                     since 1975
web                               <www.imagist.com>
eMail                        george@imagist.com
voice                              262 241 9375
fax                                262 241 9398
                      Lotter Moser & Associates
10050 N Port Washington Rd  -  Mequon, WI 53092

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Analog v. Digital)