Subject: [Leica] Re: Film vs Digital
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jul 14 12:44:12 2004

You phrased it backwards I think. While you're OLD computer may not
read today's media your NEW computer should well be able to read old
media in standard formats.

I have CDs dating back to the early days of CD distribution that are
still quite readable on my new machines. I would expect that to remain
the same. I would not expect a DVD written with a blue laser to be
readable on an old DVD drive, however.

Of course the software required to READ the data on that drive -
that's a different story. But TIFF and JPEG and PSD files should be
readable significantly into the future.

Adam