Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital M
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Tue Jul 13 14:08:44 2004

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 20:44:24 +0100, Frank Dernie
<frank.dernie@btinternet.com> wrote:

> To put this in perspective a good quality road car production cost is
> about $4000, a Champ car (Indy car) about $400,000 and a Formula 1
> (World Championship) car about $25,000,000. There is a considerable
> technological difference but the main reasons for these vast difference
> in costs are the quantity of units over which engineering and tooling
> costs are amortised.

$400,000 for a champ car!?! No freakin' way!! If that were the case
there'd be a lot more owners and they never would have dumped all
manufacturers to use only two. Being an engineer (and I am one too) in
NO WAY gives you a sense of how much something costs. If you were a
price-point marketing professional maybe... engineers never know this
is why they are usually in the "early adopters" group of purchasers.

Dave

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: Digital M)
Message from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: Digital M)