Subject: [Leica] Why a digital M
From: masonster at gmail.com (David Mason)
Date: Tue Jul 13 07:21:01 2004

Well, not really software in the traditional sense - its firmware.
Unfortunately firmware work requires intimate knowledge of the
hardware and usually is provided by the hardware manufacturer. So if
Leica hire Kodak - they will get Kodak firmware writers. I doubt Kodak
would want outside help on proprietary firmware. Innovation is nearly
impossible when Intellectual property is kept as secret as it is these
days.

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) ([Leica] Why a digital M)