Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Tue Jul 13 06:14:14 2004

Thanks, Steve - My standard conversion drill is to use the FredMiranda
BW PRO filter set on the yellow filter setting, and then to do a USM set
at 15%, 55 pixels, and a threshold of 1 - This doesn't give an
appearance of sharpening, but instead gooses the contrast, providing
more of a Tri-X look. At the end of the process, when you're ready to
either print or send to the web, THEN do your normal sharpening.

Obviously there are some images that require variations on this system,
but it works well enough so that I've written a batch command to do
conversions on entire shoots.

Best

B. D.

P.S.
Once again, would anyone using the HP 7690 (?) for BW get in touch with
me off-list please - bdcolen@mit.edu? Thanks!