Subject: [Leica] Digital M
From: bdcolen at (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Jul 12 11:09:51 2004

Digital cameras are not 'just boxes.' The sensor and firmware have an
enormous amount to do with the quality of the image produced. And I
didn't, btw, say anything about the 'look' of the camera; I said
'similar build and image quality.' As in build quality and image
quality. Or, to put it really bluntly, why would anyone in his or her
right mind pay 5500K - for example - for an "M" body when for the same
amount of money he or she could buy an 8 mpg Canon Eos MkII and an array
of Canon's best lenses? I know, I know, it's not a Leica, and it
wouldn't take your m lenses. ;-)