Subject: [Leica] OT - another horror story about photos and the Patriot Act
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sat Jul 10 16:31:37 2004

The events of 9/11 definitely lead me to form a different conclusion.
Not the kind of war that Bush wanted in Iraq (short and victorious)
but an asymmetrical war of ideas that the current administration is
ill-prepared to fight since, for the most part, it represents a war of
ideas and the fight between the concept of a secular state and those
for whom such an entity is an anathma and who will use any lengths to
have their way.

I have no love at all for religious states. They seem a disaster
blending all the worst forms of fanatacism both internally and in
their relations with those around them. The Middle East seems a prime
case in point.

So, please, don't suggest we're not at war. I'm not naive. I recognize
a very real threat when I see one, a threat that I don't believe is
going away any time soon.

Adam

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] OT - another horror story about photos and the Patriot Act)