Subject: [Leica] Digilux invisibility. :-(
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sat Jul 3 06:37:34 2004

Nathan Wajsman said:
Subject: Re: [Leica] Digilux invisibility. :-(

> And as much I hate to take sides between the two of you, I must say that
> B.D. is on to something here. When my friend Lars was here this weekend
> with his (black) Canon D10, we went to the outdoor food market in my
> town, and he was able to get pictures of people that I had not dared to
> take with my Leica (e.g. Muslim women), despite the heft and size of his
> camera. It was all in the way he behaved, as B.D. says.<<<<

Hi Nathan,
It's having the camera always ready to go, and knowing the subject is
involved in mind, eye and action completely distracted from the
photographer.

There isn't any fiddling around focusing, manual leica or auto Canon D10.
Setting aperture or any other screwing about. However, it is all about being
very aware of the subject's body language, light and their activity. Then
it's up, click, down! Done!!!!

And the movement is one single action with almost no stop time camera at the
eye. Some folks are very good at this and that's why we sometimes see some
great photographs from street moments.

Other's never get by the "Oh I have to make sure the focus is right on the
mark, or must do a last second aperture adjustment etc." Meanwhile by now
the subject is fully aware of the camera pointed in their direction and the
photog is about to get punched out! ;-)

ted

Message from n.wajsman at chello.nl (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Digilux invisibility. :-()