Subject: [Leica] Fungus in camera
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jul 2 05:36:06 2004

I did not say anything about image content.....  I said that to create
images of top notch quality of image ( not content), film is king and will
remain so for the foreseeable future.  I give full credit to digital for
what it is best at.  But technical capture of image is not among its
strengths compared to film.  Under any identical conditions.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Let met get this straight: you're contending that using R mount lenses
on a digital camera, say a 10D or a 1Ds won't make beautiful images?
Really? I don't believe that. Maybe they won't be as good as with the
very best film under the very best conditions. But I think you've
over-stated what film grants and what digital cannot do.