Subject: [Leica] OT - slide shows on DVD
From: alex at vanhulsenbeek.com (alex@vanhulsenbeek.com)
Date: Thu Jul 1 02:10:13 2004

Oliver,

There are several utilities that work well: Ulead has one, and with Sonic
(bundled free with some burners) you can also work adequately.

My favourite is Dvd-lab
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/
which is not the cheapest, but super also as a authoring tool. It comes with
a very good slideshow tool in its basic setup.

Authoring: make (interactive) menus and combine slide shows with videos. A
breeze with Dvd-lab.

The main advantage of Dvd-lab slideshows is that the slides are saved so
that you can go back and forth with your remote control. As far as I
remember with Ulead and Sonic, they make one sequence that you can only stop
and resume.

DvD-lab is also very good in not changing the quality of the pictures too
much.

Remember that DVD has a resolution of 720 pixels wide,, not more. So do not
hold your breath when it comes to sharpness on a TV screen, compared to a
well projected slide.

Anyhow, also here: garbage in,garbage out. So you need excellent scans or
digital pictures as starting material.

You may have to boost your saturation a bit, and also juggle the contrast,
to get good reslults on your screen.

Any more questions:happy to answer them offline.

Sander
Amsterdam
Holland