Subject: [Leica] Photo Nomad
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Jun 30 14:59:16 2004

LUG -

Has anybody gotten the book Photo Nomad by David Douglas Duncan?  I ordered
it from Amazon and it came yesterday.  It's a thick, heavy book - 464 pages
- mostly photos.  I really expected more text.  The text that is there is
almost stream-of-consciousness, very brief and cryptic.  Leica's are
mentioned two or three times and there is a photo of his M3's.  The main
photo stories are about his kidnapped dog, his deceased German Shepherd,
Pablo Picasso and other celebrities, and DDD's notorious meeting with and
photographs of HCB.  There are some fabulous photos, but I was disappointed
in the lack of substance in the descriptions of the photos and the
experience of taking them.  He could have used a good editor with the
photos.  One-fourth as many would have been 4x more effective.

Anybody agree or disagree?

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com