Subject: [Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Sun Jun 27 19:15:57 2004

>the Noctilux is not just a low light lens.

I don't own one but I'm curious to know if there's a discernable difference
between the Noctilux at, say, f/8 and the 50mm Summicron at f/8? Can the
difference be readily seen... at any aperture? If not, why would the
Noctilux be only for certain situations and not for general purpose? Unless
it's
substantially different, the only complaint, I'd think, would be weight. Can
someone enlighten me about this?

Walker

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!)
Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Yeah, But Tina Really Knows What She's Doing!)