Subject: [Leica] Digilux - was Tina and Her Computer: Lightening Strike!
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Sun Jun 27 03:34:34 2004

I used - years ago - to work on the properties of GaAs.

As far as I can recall sitting here thinking about it, GaAs might be more
resistant than Si - wider band gap - but not impervious. Basically putting a
huge bolt of energy into any semiconductor/semi-insulator will cause a surge
of
current, whose properties may or may not be ameliorated by device in which
it
sits; but totally resistant, no.

But basically Len, if you're that close I worry about the Digilux ;-)

Peter

Replies: Reply from DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp) ([Leica] Digilux - was Tina and Her Computer: Lightening Strike!)
Reply from ljkapner at cox.net (Leonard J Kapner) ([Leica] Digilux - was Tina and Her Computer: Lightening Strike!)
Reply from msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small) ([Leica] EMP)