Subject: [Leica] My photos getting stolen like crazy
From: KCassidy at asc.upenn.edu (Kyle Cassidy)
Date: Fri Jun 25 15:25:00 2004

So running some web-logs I noticed that this tiny photo of myself dressed as
kurt cobain (from a series called "self portrait of the artist as...") was
getting massive amounts of hits; crazy amounts of hits. So I checked the
logs and saw that if you search for "kurt cobain" on www.google.fr,
http://images.google.de or http://sucheaol.aol.de,  and select "images",
hey, you get my self portrait. So all these freakin french and german kids
who don't read english are swiping my image and shoving it into their
collections of kurt cobain pix.

Normally I'd be very annoyed, but I'm kind of flattered to think that I look
enough like kurt to fool fans ...... Here's two of about 30:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/2004/stolen1.jpg
http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/temp/2004/stolen2.jpg

Here's the big version of me:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/pix/studio/kurt.jpg