Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: clive.moss at gmail.com (Clive Moss)
Date: Thu Jun 24 15:20:39 2004

On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 07:52:33 -0400, Phong <phong@doan-ltd.com> wrote:

> Speaking of good writing, can anyone recommend
> a college level English grammar book ?  I am helping
> someone with his writing skills.

Barbare Minto has written the best book on good writing that I have
ever read -- "The Minto Pyramid Principle: Logic in Writing, Thinking,
& Problem Solving".
Someone borrowed mine and did not return it :-(.
When you get beyond grammar, most "writing problems" seem to be
"thinking and understanding problems" to me.
It lists on Amazon at $100 used!
See http://tinyurl.com/3aj9e
--
Clive