Subject: [Leica] declining quality of writing
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Wed Jun 23 19:52:37 2004

Well, I have sympathy for the teachers. In New Orleans public schools,
you can keep the students quiet, or you can keep them busy, but not
both. The vast majority of time is focused on trying to maintain order.
Drugs and weapons are rampant. And the teacher pay sucks, less than a
bus driver. The crap English is not the product of education, it is the
product of single parent families and parents who don't know how to
parent. In my neighborhood, the average age of a single mother is about
13 years old.

Don't blame the teachers. Nobody wants that as a profession if you get
paid nothing for crap pay and the public's contempt.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA