Subject: [Leica] An R series question R8 - jensen
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Mon Jun 21 09:54:59 2004

We built a 4WD F1 car in 1981/2. It used 6 wheels in total, two at the
front and four driven wheels as close together as possible at the rear.
It had several advantages such as rear wing position, frontal area and
the possibility of running full length "skirts" (it was ground effect
era). It was the speed of this prototype which caused the change in the
rules banning 4WD.
I do not think it would have been possible to get it down to the weight
limit though.
Frank