Subject: [Leica] Re: Sunshine film
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sun Jun 20 09:45:59 2004

H?kan:

>Sorry if this is a FAQ, but is there a general consus of which colornegative
>film which is the best in heavy(?)(hard ??)(sorry for my bad English)
>sunshine. I can't find one which i am pleased with.

I would experiment with the portrait line of films.  Usually 160 speed.
They're usually lower contrast.

Good luck having success with any color film in extremely contrasty light.
I've had the best success in composing images so that I don't have both the
dark, black shadows and the intense bright highlights in the frame.  Pick
one or the other.  You would have a hard time capturing and printing both in
black and white.  Next to impossible in color.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Replies: Reply from jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Re: Sunshine film)