Subject: [Leica] UFO
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Fri Jun 18 17:23:26 2004

RAF Chicksands is on the grounds of a Monastery, a peaceful and idealic
place of great natural beauty. It was (is?) being used by the US Air
Force back in the 1980's and it's population included great numbers of
ducks, attracted I suppose by the large lake. Just as there are signs
for deer crossings and cattle crossings and pedestrian crossings, RAF
Chicksands had "duck crossing" signs. There was even an officer assigned
duty as a "Duck Warden" to watch out for their welfare. They had
possibly the best American Youth Association (AYA) American football
teams in England and on every occassion I visited to watch them play,
they made it look easy. As the visiting team, it wasn't much fun going
there but the beauty of the countyside made it worthwhile.