Subject: [Leica] An R series question
From: k at mail.net (k@mail.net)
Date: Fri Jun 18 08:33:42 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 06:01:52PM -0230, Greg Locke wrote:
> A nice 180 f2 lens just landed in my lap so I guess I need a R body to make
> it work.
>
> What was the best R body leica made and which is the ones to stay away
> from.
>
> ..and I'm not really interested in the R8/9 bodies.

I have an R4 and R6, both of which are working fine.  A few have mentioned
the R6.2
as being the best mechanical and I would concur, however they are becoming
more and
more difficult to find as they have been out of production since 2001 AFAIK.
 My R6
was a much easier find, nor did it have the premium associated with the
"best of
category".  The only difference between the two is the shutter speed - R6 w/
1/1000
and R6.2 w/ 1/2000.  I would avoid the R4 as it is a Minolta with a dark
viewfinder.

Replies: Reply from frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE) ([Leica] An R series question)
Reply from jkoplen at mindspring.com (Julian Koplen) ([Leica] An R series question)
Message from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] An R series question)