Subject: [Leica] slide scanner/data base
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Thu Jun 17 12:43:14 2004

G. Michael Paine wrote:
> I am considering scanning my 49 year's worth of slides. And I would like
> to have them in some sort of soft ware which will allow me to access by
> various criteria: e.g., name; place; date, etc.
> I need assistance in deciding on a scanner. I do not need nor can I
> afford a "pro" level scanner, but rather one that will give me a decent
> digital image that will allow slide show on my iBook. For better
> presentations I can always haul out the projector.
>
> As for the software. I don't even know if such a data base exist, but
> would appreciate any help.
>
> Michael
> Against stupidity the Gods themselves struggle in vain. /Schiller/

Hi,

I use a minolta dual 3 now supecreded with the dual 4. It gives decent
images for the price.
For the software there are several options. Adone photoalbum or ACDsee
are good. There are more programs but I have no experience with them.

Best regards,

Michiel Fokkema

Replies: Reply from mipaine at comcast.net (G. Michael Paine) ([Leica] slide scanner/data base)