Subject: [Leica] Sal DiMarco
From: dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post)
Date: Wed Jun 16 17:09:52 2004

I remember thinking to myself, coming back from the beach and reading the
FOR SALE stuff, that ole Sal still had not gotten rid of the Elpro VII he
had been flogging for weeks, then, sadly, I came to the other posts.
I read with dismay the news of his sudden passing; the outpouring of emotion
from the group made me stop and ponder. I saw the photo of him and realized
that I, but a year older than Sal and much the same size, am probably living
on borrowed time... Time for the most part that I have been wasting when it
come to our mutual love of photography.
I strikes me that those who seem to have so much of the talent and drive are
too quickly taken from us.
I have always enjoyed his posts, and his closing of 'Happy Snaps' always
made me feel better about my style of photography- kids, grandkids, place
I've been- that sort of thing, happy snaps all.
If his passing has any good effect at all, I hope it is to encourage us to
go out there, burn some film, and do justice to his infectious enthusiasm
for Leica Photography.
My sincere condolences to all his family and close friends, as I am sure the
loss is devastating.
Dan

Replies: Reply from jshul at comcast.net (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] Sal DiMarco)