Subject: [Leica] Using the 21mm M with separate viewfinder: What is it like
From: rpalmier at depaul.edu (Robert Palmieri)
Date: Sun Jun 13 10:32:12 2004

Martin -

I use the 21 VC regularly with the top-mounted finder and I think it's a
pretty individual call regarding how much the inconvenience frustrates a
given snapper shooting a given subject.  If i'm in a mood to be whiney I
start thinking about how really, except for the more acute focussing,
I'd rather be using a reflex for really wide stuff.  If I have stuff
close to the camera, which can be fun when it's not dumb, the parralax
becomes significant.  Also if there's any visible flare in the shot
you'lll be able to see it.

But the deeper truth for me is that I love shooting loose with the M and
a 21 and switching my eye around when I'm framing with some degree of
accuracy is really no big deal.

That street shot I posted a few days ago with the diners and dog is an
example of the above, as are these night shots:

http://www.pbase.com/image/19399827

http://www.pbase.com/image/19399946

Or this sunset thing:

http://www.pbase.com/image/19399972