Subject: [Leica] Colour Management ?????
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Fri Jun 11 08:55:20 2004

Generally,  set everything to Adobe RGB.

It's the printing/ publishing industry standard colour space.

sRGB is a smaller colour space (less data) but fine of online viewing only.

Making sure everything is in the same colour space is a start.

...but not the end of it. Printing is always a problem and often dependent
on the software you are using.

A personal digital headache for me was getting different prints, of the same
image, from different photo applications.

PhotoShop 7, NikonView 5, Quark Express 6, Nikon Capture 4 and a custom made
program were all giving me different results when printing from within those
programs.

Eventually I ended up going back to Photoshop 6, upgrading to NikonView 6 to
get everying to "look" somewhat consistant.

Bottom line is you have to tinker a bit with the setting of all you devices.
.and sometimes I found that you just have to select the best application to
print from.

All input devices (scanners, digicams, etc) can be set to Adobe RGB to
ensure the same colour space is coming into your computer ...then the trick
is to adjust the "output" devices ...monitor, printer, image setter, etc

Cheers,

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
www.greglocke.com
 ----JUST RELEASED-------
NEWFOUNDLAND ...journey into a lost nation
by Greg Locke and Michael Crummey
McClelland and Stewart
ISBN # 0-7710-6142-0