Subject: [Leica] Remembering the Reagan years
From: jls at runbox.com (Jeffery Smith)
Date: Thu Jun 10 12:21:13 2004

What I really LIKE about Dubya is that, whenever the economy tanks and
people start getting sent off to war and people start mumbling about
reinstating the draft, our college's enrollment takes off like an
intercontinental ballistic missile. In the past 3 years, we went from about
12,000 to about 16,500 students, and we are currently changing wide
hallways into classrooms adjoined by narrow hallways.

Every cloud has a silver lining. Put people out of work and start rattling
your saber, and we are awash with students who suddenly got interested in
higher ed.

Jeffery