Subject: [Leica] Remembering the Reagan years
From: ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Thu Jun 10 06:16:28 2004

You must remember different economic times under Carter than I do. I
was graduated from college in 1978 and remember the terror of looking
for a job (there weren't any) if graduate school plans didn't work
out, rampant inflation and ridiculously high interest rates(18
percent mortgages). My memory is of a country with little or no
optimism or plan for the future-much like Britain before Thatcher.

For better or worse, that changed during Reagan's tenure.

Carter did give us disco and "Saturday Night  Fever", though.

Allen

P.S. -I'm not trying to start a flame war over particular policies or
political agendas, just trying to think back on why Carter was so
unloved.

>I the USA was a much better place
(economically and internationally) under Carter ..........<cut>