Subject: [Leica] RD/BD Confusion: The Final Test
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Wed Jun 9 19:29:56 2004

Jim,

I own a IIIb with a special base and attaching battery-powered flash
handle. It unit is marked "E. Leitz, New York" and while I've never
tried to use the flash, it appears to be fully functional. The delays
are set by a sliding bar on the back of the special base. I hand-carried
the camera to the factory in Wetzler in the early 1970's when I was on
temporary duty (TDY) at Rhein-Main Air Base outside of Frankfurt. I had
it CLA'd and it still works beautifully. I also took a IIIf BD and RD to
them and I still have the RD..... my newest Leica!

Walker Smith