Subject: [Leica] Hello and New Gallery- Take 2
From: filippini at theramp.net (Matt Filippini)
Date: Sun Jun 6 04:31:40 2004

Hello all,

I hope I'm not double-posting, but I didn't see my last attempt in the
digest.

I have been lurking for a few months and enjoy the LUG very much.  Last
night I posted a new gallery at

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Mattman

Have a look, comments/criticisms welcome.

All shots with M5, most with Summilux 50; a couple with Summicron 90 and
Elmarit 135.  All photos taken this year.  I also have a 21/3.4 Super
Angulon and a 35/3.5 Summaron.

A little about my photo history:

I've had my M5 since 1986.  It has been my main camera for about a year now.
 I have a feeling I'll get ridiculed for this, but my SLR, and formerly my
main camera, is an Exakta VX outfit w/ Zeiss 20, 35, 58 and 135, Schneider
105, Enna 280, and Meyer 400 lenses.  I also use a Rolleiflex 2.8F.  My
photography is strictly for fun now, but it my 20's I shot about a dozen
weddings "professionally."

I learned on my Dad's old Kine-Exakta in grade school, and kept with the
Exakta line.  I have not been disappointed.  When I picked up the Leica set
at an estate sale at a tremendous bargain when I was finishing college, I
was thrilled.  But, I only used it occasionally to treat myself.  I decided
that was silly and started using it more lately.  After I got it repaired
this year, I haven't been able to put it down.  I carry my M5 most
everywhere, and happily.

Well, that's it for now.  Thanks for making the LUG what it is everyone.  I
really enjoy it.

Matt

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Hello and New Gallery- Take 2)