Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 278
From: DrLarryIPresume at aol.com (DrLarryIPresume@aol.com)
Date: Fri Jun 4 06:38:44 2004

Consider the costs of one of my "fin art" prints: I buy the equipment (which
also requires maintenance over time), drive to the location, use film, bring
it home and develop it, make MANY prints to get the dodging, burning etc.
correct., may tone it (and may do so mor than once), spend + time spotting the
print, mount it and frame it. I can offer that for any price I choose. Why is a
Rolex more than a Seiko, or a Lexus 300 es more than a Toyota Camry? In my case
it isn't status (yet), but the high stature photographers charge THOUSANDS for
their prints! So, I don't feel the price unfair. Everything is high today.
The money has little real value. Larry

Replies: Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 278)