Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 276
From: DrLarryIPresume at aol.com (DrLarryIPresume@aol.com)
Date: Thu Jun 3 12:45:58 2004

In terms of pricing fine art photographs (which means matted and framed, of
course), generally speaking, an 8x10 goes for about $125-$150, a 16x20 about
$300-$350.  You would typically sign the mat.  Color and B&w are about the same.
 I put a price of $750 on an 16x16 (matted to 20x20) in a NICE frame which
was toned in multiple toners. Didn't sell, but that is the price it would take
to part with it. The gallery will often charge between 10% to 35%, which comes
out of the price you receive.  Photographers sometimes offer unframed prints,
with an 8X10 going aobut $35-$50. Hope thats helpful! Now, tell me where I can
buy the Ansel Adams photos for those prices! Larry

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 27, Issue 276)