Subject: [Leica] Vintage Wild West Pics
From: leicanikon at earthlink.net (Stephen Gandy)
Date: Tue Jun 1 19:19:25 2004

Is anyone an authority of original pics vintage American wild west 1870's to 90's?

I have a chance to buy up an original collection of about 400 original negs,
taken  primarily in the silver mine area of Nevada.

some of them may be unique as they document American Indian ways of life which
have long disappeared.

pics taken by an unknown photographer, not a Gene Smith of his times.

questions arise to their value, and to their future home  -- I don't plan to be
keeping them.
are the Getty and Microsoft  the big buyers in this field?

Stephen

PS. on vintage pics that have never been published or copyrighted, I am correct in
believing I can copyright them now?

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Depression)