Subject: [Leica] Depression FSA Kodachrome
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jun 1 19:08:04 2004

On 6/1/04 6:57 AM, "SonC@aol.com" <SonC@aol.com> wrote:

> In a message dated 6/1/2004 8:50:08 AM Central Standard Time,
> bdcolen@earthlink.net writes:
>
> Oh, no  question they probably jumped at the chance to shoot in color,
> given - if  nothing else - what was for them the novelty of being able to
> do so. It's  just that when I compare, say, the Jack Delano stuff in b&w
> that I've  seen with this color work, the color work fades - forgive me
> :-) - by  comparison.
>
> B. D.
> They should have scanned the slides with Digital ROC
>
> _http://www.sonc.com/ROC_on.htm_ (http://www.sonc.com/ROC_on.htm)
> Regards,
>
> Sonny
> _http://www.sonc.com_ (http://www.sonc.com/)

The idea of shooting 4x5 Kodachrome sheetfilm with a speed graphic is too
overwhelming to contemplate! If we have to shoot color we might as well have
it come out like these... Which to me look strongly like Polaroids.

The thing to do is to also print them in black and white and see if they
improve or not. Hang both up for a while. I've found lots of times you think
you have a strong color statement but you don?t miss them when they're gone
especially as you've got a much stronger image. But sometimes not.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved