Subject: [Leica] FS: Noctilux(yellow filter)
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Mon May 31 13:07:39 2004

I'm firm believer in filtration. I was infected very early on about the need
to approximate the tonal values in scene onto a piece of paper through the
work of Ansel Adams.
Living in Southern CA, with its blistering glare, forces one to use filters.
Once in a moment of hubris, I photographed a series of  nuclear domes
without filtration. I had just about complete tonal merger of the domes with
the sky. Thinking I'd come back and re-shoot a few weeks later, was abruptly
put to a stop by 9/11. This was in BW. Had I shot it in color, it wouldn't
been a problem.
I did shoot the forestry air service on the ground in Hemet, CA once with
Tech Pan. I also shot it with T-max 100. All done with filtration of
different combinations. I preferred the T-max, needless to say.
S. Dimitrov