Subject: [Leica] The Horror, The Horror
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sat May 29 16:51:09 2004

snip But hey, when the U.S.
> is talking about a war crimes prosecution because they've now determined
> that one of the soldiers with that 'heroine' Jessica Lynch was executed
> after being captured - at the same time there are reports that as many
> as 76 Iraqis and Afghans have been killed - uh, died - in our custody,
> why should we be surprised that the Japanese don't want to acknowledge
> what they did in China?

snap
>>> story episodes, where events are covered which
>> occurred inside Germany and
>>> Japan such as resistance to Hitler, life in
>> general under a dictatorial
>>> regime, and particular emphasis is focused on the
>> Jewish Holocaust."
>>
>> Anthing on the Rape of Nanking ?
>>
>> - Phong

"Between December 1937 and March 1938 at least 369,366 Chinese civilians and
prisoners of war were slaughtered by the invading troops. An estimated
80,000 women and girls were raped; many of them were then mutilated or
murdered."
See shot of lineup of decapitated heads which is the famous visual image
which IS the "Rape of Nanking" to most people:
http://www.tribo.org/nanking/
The visual images of prisoner abuse by Americans so far is not quite in this
league. I think they are of different sports.

"THE SAVAGERY OF THE KILLING WAS AS APPALLING AS ITS SCALE.
Thousands of victims were beheaded, burned, bayoneted, buried alive, or
disemboweled."

They forgot to say "raped" which you would kind of think maybe goes with the
territory.  (is part of the same set of actions)

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon

New-improved