Subject: [Leica] another Turkey
From: telyt at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sat May 29 11:03:03 2004

on 5/29/04 10:27 AM, Adam Bridge at abridge@dcn.org wrote:

> On Friday, May 28, 2004 Doug Herr thoughtfully wrote:
>
>> http://www.wildlightphoto.com/birds/witu10.html
>>
>> All comments are welcome.
>>

> Wow!!!! I love the coloring along the neck feathers!
>
> How close WERE you? I have to think you could almost have reached out and
> touched it!

I must have been near the 280's close focus limit (1.7 meters).  All I
recall was that I nearly soiled my shorts with excitement and I swore I'd
never use the R4sP for this kind of stuff again.  If I were 20 years old it
would be no problem but that was more than 30 years ago.  Gimme an SL
viewfinder instead.

> This one - well - it's an absolutely wonderful image. Great work.

Thank you Adam.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com