Subject: [Leica] This here fancy 50
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Fri May 28 03:59:03 2004

Hi Mark,
the Noctilux is actually very small for a f1.0 lens,
the only other (admitedly for SLR so the requirement
not to block the viewfinder is not there :-) )is much
bigger and heavier and was, until discontinued, much
more expensive (in the UK anyway). The downside of the
Noctilux being so small is severe vignetting wide open
which is a reasonable compromise given the likely
circumstance of shootin at f1.
Frank

--- Mark Rabiner <mark@rabinergroup.com> wrote: > Yes
out there now are 50's with asph's and floating