Subject: Little things ... Re: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos
From: abridge at dcn.org (Adam Bridge)
Date: Thu May 27 09:28:34 2004

On 5/27/04 <daniel.ridings@muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings)> thoughtfully wrote:

>No reflection on you, Adam, but as my mother says in situations like this:
>Little things excite little minds.
>
>"carefully contrived" ... that's show-business. No big deal. I appreciate
>it less in a politician though.

"No reflection on you" is, like "no offense intended" a way of saying something
meant to give offense but which is intented to duck the responsibility for
saying it not-very-gracefully.

That said, the manipulation of what is called "pop culture" is the same as what
happens in politics.

Many people are becoming increasingly sensitive to it and many more are becoming
desensitized. In the U.S. it's all a part of the same spectrum, no longer
seperable.

Adam

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at muspro.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) (Little things ... Re: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos)
Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) (Little things ... Re: [Leica] Susan Sontag on Iraq Photos)