Subject: [Leica] Facist brotherhood
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Thu May 27 07:14:06 2004

What's the name of the book?

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>        |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/26/2004 02:38 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       "'Leica Users Group'" <lug@leica-users.org>                             |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  RE: [Leica] Facist brotherhood                                          |

Speaking of Leica Camera Owners and Knights Templar, there is a
breathlessly gushy new book out about Leicas and Leica photography -
$35, full color, some nice images, iconic and non-iconic, info about a
number of the cameras. It's clearly a very much approved version of
history, but amusing none the less. Oddly enough, the section on Leica
in WWII makes no mention  of the story oft-repeated on the LUG that
Leitz protected Jewish workers and sent many out of Germany with cameras
they could turn into cash. Odd that they wouldn't mention that....

B. D.