Subject: [Leica] Transparency Film for Available Darkness?
From: Teresa299 at aol.com (Teresa299@aol.com)
Date: Wed May 26 10:08:45 2004

In a message dated 5/26/04 6:08:53 AM, krieger@usc.edu writes:

<< I am shooting in factories and workshops, where the lighting is often poor,

especially away from the machinery. I find Provia 400F is sometimes not fast

enough. Should I push it or try some other film, perhaps pushed? I do need

decent grain, since details matter. (Often I am using a handheld, 2.8 or

slower lens, preferably a bit stopped down for definition, and for this

purpose a faster alternative is not ideal.)

Martin Krieger

krieger@usc.edu >>

Martin,

I don't know if you can use black and white for your transperancy shots but
if so you can shoot ilford 3200 (but only up to 1000 iso)  and HP5
(320-1600iso) and have processed by dr5 lab in LA.   Their website is www.dr5.com.   You
can talk to the owner and maybe he can help you sort out which film would be
best for your purposes, but basically your negative film becomes transperancy
film.  they have 2 processes, 1neutral the other turns your transperancy into
sepia.  Pretty cool stuff.

Kim

Replies: Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] Transparency Film for Available Darkness?)