Subject: [Leica] If You Think You're THAT Godd, Raise Your Hand
From: timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton)
Date: Tue May 25 11:10:07 2004

> First of all, even if we accept that Cartier-Bresson took a full
> meter roll of pictures of puddle jumpers, where is it written
> that he was giving stage directions to some one person to jump
> tyhirty-six times in a row?

As I said, this was what was reported by the photographer who reviewed the
contact sheets - no 36 pictures of puddle jumpers, but 36 picture of "a"
puddle jumper.

> Perhaps, Tim, you could get some guy
> to jump over a puddle thirty-six times, but could you take even
> one image as captivating as the published H.C.-B. shot?

As I said, there are many an advertising photographer who could do just
that.

tim

PS - And as I have said, this is with the caveat that the contact sheet
information is correct - (about which the photographer was very adamant). I
haven't seen the sheet in question.