Subject: [Leica] From Agence France Presse
From: grduprey at rockwellcollins.com (grduprey@rockwellcollins.com)
Date: Mon May 24 08:06:17 2004

Actually any camera is banned from any secure facility in the US or any
other country.  This the norm.  The company I work for, since it also has
government contracts along with commercial contracts, requires a permit
with description as to what it will be used for, to bring a camera into the
facility.  They have recently put out a statement about phone cams being
prohibited in the facility.  Also any item that has a IR port must have the
IR port covered with metal tape if it is to be used on site.  These bans
have been in place long before current events/administration.

Gene

|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
|         |           Bill Clough <bill_clough@yahoo.com>          |
|         |           Sent by:                                     |
|         |           lug-bounces+grduprey=rockwellcollins.com@leic|
|         |           a-users.org                                  |
|         |                                                        |
|         |                                                        |
|         |           05/23/2004 04:42 PM                          |
|         |           Please respond to Leica Users Group          |
|         |                                                        |
|---------+-------------------------------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                         |
  |       To:       Leica Users Group <leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us>                   |
  |       cc:                                                                               |
  |       Subject:  [Leica] From Agence France Presse                                       |
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

MOBILE phones fitted with digital cameras have been banned
in US army installations in Iraq on orders from Defence
Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, The Business newspaper reported
today.

Quoting a Pentagon source, the paper said the US Defence
Department believes that some of the damning photos of US
soldiers abusing Iraqis at Abu Ghraib prison near Baghdad
were taken with camera phones.

"Digital cameras, camcorders and cellphones with cameras
have been prohibited in military compounds in Iraq," it
said, adding that a "total ban throughout the US military"
is in the works.