Subject: [Leica] An "O" series stroll in Aix-en-Provence
From: jeffwill at wanadoo.fr (jeffwill)
Date: Sun May 23 13:06:25 2004

Well it had to happen, curiosity got the better of me and I finally put a
roll of color film in my "O" series replica during a walk around
Aix-en-Provence last weekend.
Actually it didn't feel right. black and white is what this camera really
wants; but at least Kodak 100 color has a wide latitude because I can't
find the battery compartment to turn on the O series meter ;-)
I have used the camera a lot with black and white film but to be honest I
am a bit disappointed with it as it did not come with a piece of plastic on
its base plate, just naked black paint...
100 ASA is the summer speed of choice as the maximum speed is 1/500 sec and
minimum f-stop is 12.  I don't carry the camera in its leather case as I
find it fits the pocket best when it is just "naked". Mind you it tends to
get a bit scratched against my keys and coins so I guess I should wrap the
camera in plastic entirely, not just the bottom plate. Maybe I should just
leave the thing in a glass case but it is a lot of fun to use!
My favorite shot is the guy with the hat. It is the start of American
tourist season. you can tell because someone has brought out a checker cab
in Aix just to make them feel right at home! As an aside most American cars
here seem to have very low mileage as they are expensive to run with French
petrol being over US$6 a gallon.
You sure are lucky in the US with all your cheap fuel!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Aix-en-Provence

All comments welcome.

Jeff le kiwi