Subject: [Leica] WTB
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu May 20 21:12:56 2004

Hi Jim,

First of all I don't manual focus with it at any time, so I don't have a
problem with the enlarged focus area, although I have forced myself to use
it in a kind of "learn how to use it just in case."  But it's generally 100%
autofocus.

At first I had a problem with it as it brightens and darkens for seemingly
no reason. However, it's probably me not taking the time to learn how to
change the light-dark adjustments, I know in the manual it says something
about it.

Most of the time I look through it, compose and shoot as soon as the little
green dot indicates focus and exposure is set.

Actually I shot my first "all digital assignment" the other day and it was
quite successful, a basketball training camp for young girls in their teens
and it went fine. Although I'd have preferred an ASA of 800 to give me just
that extra touch of speed for some of the action stuff.  But generally it
was OK at 400 and 99% were keeper pictures.

I think the viewfinder is more practice and learning to work with it than
trying to figure out any simple manner to improve it.

But so far I'm very pleased and extremely pleased with the quality of the
captured images when printed out approx. 12X18 on 13X19 paper. Actually
quite amazing quality of prints and image off my 2200.

ted

Replies: Reply from timatherton at theedge.ca (Tim Atherton) ([Leica] No more subway, train or bus shots in NYC)
Message from gbugge-o at frisurf.no (Geir Bugge-Olsen) ([Leica] WTB)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] WTB)