Subject: [Leica] Ten years behind? I think not.
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Fri May 14 20:12:13 2004

>You can do this with the 10D.  You press the little button with the
>star-looking emblem and you get the exposure data with the flash.
>It sets the flash so you can recompose, too. Page 100 in the manual.

I think this is a bit different?  IFIRC, the E-TTL FEL
(flash-exposure lock) will meter internally, but only with E-TTL
flashes. So you couldn't hook up studio strobes to it, hit the star
button and get a good meter reading.

And the E-TTL FEL won't even communicate fully with its own flashes.
So if you have two 550EX strobes with an ST-E2 transmitter, and you
want to set the strobes manually, E-TTL won't help you. You can
balance it with the E-TTL system, but it's pretty much a black box in
terms of being able to tweak it yourself.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura