Subject: [Leica] Surrealism ?]
From: kitmc at acmefoto.com (Kit McChesney)
Date: Wed May 12 20:00:43 2004

Nice description, and yes, we can't forget the link to Dada. And fatally
flawed, yes, but we are all fatally flawed. Striving to transcend that is
part of being human. And all art should aspire to some ideal that is
soul-stretching in some way or other. After the horrors of WWI, most artists
all but gave up on the idea that anything could ever be 'beautiful' in the
classic sense ever again. With everything familiar turned upon its
proverbial head, there was nothing left to do but to reinvent art
altogether.

Kit (kitmc@acmefoto.com)